A Wellness Journey to Madagascar
Reconnect Thru Nature: Pilates & Lemurs & Baobabs, Oh My!
May 19th -27th, 2023
Are you ready to reconnect with who you truly are?
This is a once in a lifetime wellness retreat to the beautiful island of Madagascar, a part of Africa known for its heavenly beaches, unique baobab trees and lemurs. Mahajanga, located on the Northwestern coast of Madagascar, is an amazing place that will soothe your soul with its magnificent beauty. You will find yourself among others who share similar values as you discover who that person in the mirror really is. Venturing out to explore all that nature provides, you will encounter lemurs and unique species of birds. Sculpted by wind and water, you will discover Red Circus (Cirque Rouge) with its extraordinary colors and observe Bay of Moramba with its tsingy islands and baobabs. As you explore this unique part of the world, you will embrace reconnecting with yourself thru nature and indulge in a combination of healthy living and amazing experiences. You will leave feeling more connected to the person in the mirror. You will learn to honor your needs by allowing yourself to get lost in nature’s beauty. You will take home some magnificent memories and new friendships that will last a lifetime.
Bring an open mind, a readiness to reconnect with that woman in the mirror by embracing nature, and a sense of adventure….Pilates & Lemurs & Baobabs, Oh My!
Your first night will be spent at a lodge in Antsanitia to help you unwind from the long flight. The next day you will head by boat to one of the most intimate boutique lodges in Madagascar. This beautiful beachfront oasis is only reachable by boat or private plane. It is tucked away in a lemur reserve, surrounded by extraordinary geological formations and native vegetation. You can relax in a hammock or lounger overlooking the Mozambique Channel or the Indian Ocean. This is a place that will soothe your soul and awaken your spirit from the moment you arrive.
- 8 nights/9 days accommodations
- 1 night accommodation in Antsanitia w/dinner and breakfast the next day
- 7 nights/8 days accommodations in an intimate boutique lodge based within the lemur reserve
- Welcome drink upon arrival at our main lodge
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily at our main lodge overlooking the Indian Ocean *
- Roundtrip transportation from Mahajanga Airport (MJN) to Antsanitia (within 2 hour window only)
- Transfer by boat to/from Antsanitia to our boutique hotel
- 4 Wellness Workshops
- Daily morning Pilates class or other mindful movement class
- Exploring the lemur and bird nature reserve
- Excursions to: Red Circus, Bay of Moramba
- Kayaking, Snorkeling, and other non-motorized water sports
- Excursion to The Creeks, Baobab Tree Avenue, Mangrove Forest of Kirambo
- Big Game fishing
- Transfer by private plane to boutique hotel (instead of boat)
- Spa services – massage, manicure, etc.
What’s not included:
- Airfare to and from Mahajanga
- Travel Insurance (I recommend World Nomads)
- Any additional or optional excursions, meals or activities not mentioned, personal expenses, spa services, Covid tests (if needed at the time), any other meds or vaccinations prior needed to travel (Malaria)
- Lunch at Antsanitia
- Roundtrip Airport Transportation to Antsanitia outside of 2 -hour window
- Alcohol (except for 1 welcome drink), beverages other than tea, coffee and water
*Dietary restrictions can be accommodated
Remember, this is your trip to spend how you’d like, so if you don’t want to participate in one of the group activities, please feel free to relax by the water, read a book, nap in a hammock, take the time necessary to honor your needs.
Getting to the Retreat:
You will buy flights from your home base airport to the Mahajanga Airport. (airport code MJN) Depending upon where you are flying from, generally the best flight is from Paris to Mayotte to Mahajanga.
***And no worries, I’m here to help you every step of the way with travel planning, as needed.
$3,599 per person
Passport 2 Wellness reserves the right to alter dates and/or prices on the advice of the Government or competent regulating authority in response to COVID-19
In the event of a COVID-19 related government restrictions resulting in the cancellation of a Passport 2 Wellness Retreat, participants will be contacted via email and presented with options available to them, including refund of all the full amount paid including the deposit. Participants will have five business days to respond, indicating which option they select. Failure to notify us of your selection within five business days of the email being sent will result in forfeiture of the entire amount of the Retreat.
Passport 2 Wellness is not required to provide a remedy or solution, if:
- A participant is well but does not wish to attend an Event due to fears of exposure to COVID-19; or
- A participant is unwell and does not attend an Event (other than due to COVID-19 illness or symptoms); or
- A participant is from a group at a higher risk of COIVD-19 or
- A participant is denied entry into a session, workshop, activity of the retreat when he/she does not abide by the mandatory conditions for attending the retreat. For example, these reasons may include, but may not be limited to, non-compliance with mandatory mask wearing or unwillingness to provide personal contact information when requested;
If you are feeling unwell with COVID-19 symptoms and you have paid for an upcoming retreat, please contact Passport 2 Wellness immediately to discuss your options. Passport 2 Wellness strongly discourages to anyone from attending retreats or other in-person events, training sessions, coaching sessions, or workshops when they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. We will work with the participant to find the best solution that is in the best interests of both the participant and Passport 2 Wellness, LLC.